This historic townhouse dates from 1844 and is part of the Greenwich Village Historic District. Converted by prior owners into multiple apartments, it was renovated as a single-family home for a couple and their young children. The parlor level was restored with the original Federal-style detailing; a new extension contains an enlarged kitchen. A central oval stair leads up to the second-floor master suite comprising a study, bedroom, bath, and dressing, and to the third floor where four children’s bedrooms are arrayed about a central common area. The fourth floor includes guest bedrooms and a sky-lit lodge-style family room opening to a large terrace. Downstairs, additional excavation enabled the conversion of the original basement into a pool and lounge area opening onto the garden, which has been restored with wood lattice walls and limestone piers. The cellar below includes service areas, a club room and a gym.